Monday, March 17, 2008

The Cost of Leadership

Not many of you should become teachers, my brethren, for you know that we teachers will be judged by a higher standard and with greater severity than other people; thus we assume the greater accountability and the more condemnation. - James 3:1

Before I knew that God had called me to something more than just wife and Mother, He began to slowly cause me to change my ways. He asked me to give up many things. This was not easy for me. I no longer watch what I used to watch or listen to what I used to listen to. It was very hard to give certain things up. However, I wanted to become all that He created me to be. I am still on that road to "becoming," and will be until I die or Jesus comes back.

I did not understand why I had to stop watching and listening to things that I had been. After all, every Christian friend I had was still watching and listening to the things that the Lord wanted me to stop watching and listening to...

Why wasn't God wasn't pressing them to give up those things? Why me? I would ask God that almost every day. No answer. I slowly began to lose the friends that I had loved and known for so long. This was one of the hardest things I went through. I went through doubting, anger, and sadness. I even became a little depressed, and wondered if something was wrong with me. I tried to go back and do what I stopped doing...LOL. Unfortunately, I couldn't. It was too late. Those things now disgusted me.

I now know why God required me to give up certain things. He has revealed to me that I have a call on my life to teach wives and Mothers. To minister to their hearts. To help Christian women rise up and become a force for the Lord and a living example for their children.

When God asks you to step out and minister to others, you will be put under a microscope. Your life is no longer only about you. It is about others and God's purpose for them. You MUST be above reproach. Unfortunately, the church is filled with hypocrites and secret sins. The world becomes disgusted when they see a "Christian" We give our Saviour a bad name and affect our witness.

If you are in leadership or feel called to it, do not be discouraged with what you must lose. I promise you that it is worth it and your reward will be greater than you could ever imagine. Do not let anyone or anything hold you back. Step forward and do what you were called to do. God will help You with the rest.

A word of caution is what James is giving us. He is reminding us that our lives will no longer be the same. He is making sure that we understand the HUGE responsibility we have and will have as leaders. Be ready to fight yourself. Be ready to lose some friends. Be willing. Then get ready for the most wonderful, joyful, and incredible ride of your life.

Let's pray,

Daddy God, I submit my thoughts, my self, my will, and my life to You and Your purpose. I want to be all that You have created me to be. I do not know or understand all of what that will be, but I am ready and willing to do it. I am ready to live my life for You and You only. I am handing the key to You. I no longer want to be in the drivers seat. Help me to live for You and invite You into ALL that I do, say, hear, and watch. In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

Lara

1 comment:

twinklemom said...

*hugs* Wonderful wonderful post!! Amen to that...I have felt God's call to give up things that I see other's are doing and it's hard but when it passes and I feel more closer to Him and much better about Himself, I feel so grateful we have a wonderful Father who knows what's good for us and wants us to be able to draw closer to Him without hinderance!

Credits

DesignedbyLara.com