Wednesday, March 26, 2008

True and Pure Wisdom

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure; then it is peace-loving, courteous, considerate, and gentle. It is willing to yield to reason, full of compassion and good fruits; it is wholehearted and straightforward, impartial and unfeigned, free from doubts and insincerity. - James 3:17

I believe that there are two types of wisdom. There is the wisdom that we gain through education, trial and error, learning, and life experiences. Then is the True and Pure wisdom that we can only gain from the Word and a consistent walk with God. The later is the type of wisdom we will discuss today.

When we seek after the things of God and make Him and His ways a priority in our lives, we gain a type of wisdom that you will never find in a book, class, or from any type of "worldly" learning venue. It is a gift that the Lord gives His children little by little. He gives it to those who want it and seek it and desire it. The closer we get in our relationship with God the wiser we become. We will make wiser choices. We will speak with wisdom. We will gain better understanding.

It is not the same kind of wisdom that the world classifies as wisdom or that they have to offer. It is a change in your heart and mind. It is an insight and understanding into the very character of God. Just look at the words that James uses to describe it. He says that the wisdom from above is pure, courteous, considerate, and gentle. Who does that sound like? Sounds like our Daddy in Heaven, doesn't it?

The more we seek God and the more we yield to His Will, the more wisdom we will receive. It's almost like fruit. I guess you can call it the fruit of wisdom. A gift from God. True and unblemished by the world kind of wisdom.

How can we get it?

Well, as I mentioned earlier. We can only get this God-given wisdom through His Word AND a consistant walk with Him. A daily seeking of Him and His Will. A hunger for Him and His ways. We must MOVE towards it and reach for it. We must CHOOSE it by choosing to make HIM first in our hearts, minds, and life.

Let's Pray,

Daddy God, I love You. I want to know You more. I want a deeper more intimate relationship with You. Thank You for all the many wonderful gifts that You have in store for me as I grow in my walk with You. Thank You for the wisdom that You have to offer. Help me to be wiser in all that I do. Help me to learn more about You and YOUR ways. Thank You for being such a Wonderful Daddy. I am honored to be Your daughter. I could never walk through life without You. Thank You for loving me...all of me...imperfect me. I love You, Lord. In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

Copyright © Lara Velez


Lara

No comments:

Credits

DesignedbyLara.com